Saturday, August 25, 2012

WRITING HOW-TO BOOKS

My blog, THE WORD MERCHANT'S SOCIETY is all about writing tips....sharing with other writers and aspiring writers what helped me in my journey to publication.

My most faithful of tips is reading....all genres, as I am a true believer that reading begets writing.

However, listening to writing how-to tapes, reading how-to books, and going to writing conferences and workshops also played a large part....and continues....in my walk down the writer's path.

Here are a few books I read....and recommend:

GOAL, MOTIVATION, & CONFLICT by Debra Dixon:
I mention this book first because I truly believe it is the writer's Bible. If you read nothing else on writing, Dixon's book is a must.

ON WRITING: A MEMOIR OF THE CRAFT by Stephen King.

BIRD BY BIRD by Anne Lamott.

STEAL THIS PLOT: A WRITER'S GUIDE TO STORY STRUCTURE AND PLAGIARISM
by June and William Noble.

HAPPY WRITING :-)

Roberta C.M. DeCaprio
www.robertadecaprio.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home